Today is a very special day. I made my very own special wish come true and I hope I have made some special people feel very special on this very special day. There will be many more special days to come.
To be honest, I am very proud of myself today. Yet, this entire experience humbles and touches me more than anything else. For one, this is not about personal glory. It is about learning humility and love in the most basic and unadorned nature. For me, it is the beginning of finding self fulfilment and to a larger extent finding myself.
You know, I've always thought that I am meant for something bigger, something better than whatever I'm doing right now. Like what I am doing is never enough for anyone else and myself ( sounds familiar? or does it sound like a broken record?).Today, however, I may have an inkling of what I am meant to.
Some time ago, I have asked God to take my hands and do his work. I prayed and then I got lazy, days just went passed like that. I am not a particularly religious person nor am I baptised or born Christan/ catholic but somehow I instinctively know that God has intended all has happened before and has already planned what is to come. In his own time and way.
Why do I want to organise a MacDonald's party for less privileged kids? I have no idea when the incubation of this idea began. It just grew till one day I needed to tell someone. And then, another.
I really want to do it but want is not enough, i guess.
I left the idea in the open, making excuses not to furnish this idea with a concrete plan. Timing is not right, no enough funds, not enough support. These are valid yet stupid excuses. Everything does not have to be perfect to start. ( I am pseudo-perfectionist in disguise! Like ninja turtle - so I can pull my head in when the going gets hard :S)
The funny thing is deep in my heart, there is this small yet clear voice egging me to realise my plan, my little dream. The 'last straw' came when The little voice made a bet with whoever was listening at the moment: if I ( yes , it's yours truly) get any bit of bonus this year ( not very likely as I've switched job not too long ago, the party gets started.
The rest, in the most cliched way, is history. ( For those who are interested, the bonus was already spent in advance during my work trip in London. But that, of course, is NOT the point haha).
Today, I have been touched by angels. Angels who are already in my life and angles whom I have just met. They gave me a precious gift and many more. I am truly blessed. Do you know that the best medicine to cynicism and jaded-ness is to see the most genuine and happy laughter?
Thank you Lord for this gift.
I still have Monday blues today and very likely on Monday too. But at least tomorrow, when I am wedged between wet armpits , trying not to be too late for work I know I am not any other rat in this rat race.
I am a rat who can make a difference.
*P.S: I see I have digressed. The reason why I always wanted to plan a MacDonald's party for the kids is simple. I just want them to feel special, just like the way my family ( and friends) always makes me feel.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment