Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy CNY to all.....

Except that I wonder if my lunar new year ( yes, mine since it's the year of Mickey mouse) is
even anything close to happy. Or not.

Well, at least i try. Trust me.
Despite having to work through the first two auspicious days of the Rat year.
Even when you're one of the only two ( is two my lucky number or what?) in the department who have to do it.

Lucky me, isn't it?

Now, I wouldn't want to risk sounding like an ungrateful, bitter, indignant or even self-righteous brat. ( Even though i may be all of the above, at other point of time.)
Work is work, and i can't even deny the fact that others have it worse.
Heads up, Jane Lim. Or so i thought.

So, my first two days of the Chinese New year passed in humble,fatigued flash.
Absolutely uneventful.

And So, just as i thought that hey, it's the weekend.
Good times ahead, right?

But No, it doesn't.Not when your Fiery Gawdam Mother is in the mood for pranks.
I just had to lose my wallet, this morning after gym.
Along with other stuff, aside from cash.
Stuff that you didn't think it's a great deal until you lost it.
Like your identity card.
Perfect.

The feeling of losing your wallet during the festive season is damn surreal, i tell you.
Like the the world is spinning around you, with those stars and the moons,
And your head felt so light that you had to ask yourself,
Is this happening for real?

Alright, I'm kind of bullshitting. But of course, you wouldn't blame a harmless, plain, old me who
just lost her wallet just hours ago. Would you?

Things happen.

As much as I can whine and gain some sympathy votes right here,
the truth is that i did have some good times this new year.

Like the look on grandma's face when I passed a token Ang Bao to her.
And how she turned and hugged me.
Priceless :)

I'll post up some pictures later, since it's taking ages for them to get loaded up here.
And, I'm kind of lazy.

But for now,

here's me and my gay,muscular,handsome brother ( ok lar, he's straight lar, i think :P)




Happy Chinese New year to all, once again!
May all the good and auspicious befall upon you!
And me =)

No comments: