These days, I have been thinking. Thinking how others seem to able to meet like-minded people with shared interests. Thinking of how ,where and what I should to meet more of these people.
Growing up, I don't have a big problem making friends as much as I have problems fitting into the different 'cliques' or social groups. I'm not part of the geeks ( I obviously don't have the brains to show), the Sporty and the popular. I don't exactly fit in anything in between either.
My saving grace, is perhaps the fact that people warm up to me easily( Read: non-threatening) and for that, I do make friends easily.
You know, there are many kinds of friends , many kinds of friendship. There will always be friendships which you hold dear to my heart and those friends whom I can speak about anything and everything. And also those whom you carry on wherever you have left off. - Note: I don't have many friends who fall under category.
These days, I think about alot of things. About taking my masters ( MBA or masters in Finance), career, marriage and also charity work. It's all qualitative ( ok , i wish!) but not exactly quantative ( read: not constructive).
How do I meet people with similar wavelengths and ambitions? Actually, the more different their perspective, the merrier.
At this stage of my life, I am really looking forward to making my life richer and more meaningful.I want to hear about how people progressed their careers with their masters, which business school they go to and why. Hear from people who strike ( or strive to strike) a balance with the pursuit of materialism ,contributing to society and living a life with meaning.I would like to get to know people who is passionate about they are doing. And those who are commited to less fortunate tirelessly and quietly. People who are brilliant in their own way.
I do enjoy talking about frivolous stuff and gushing over a bag or two. And I know I have a habit of saying that I don't like to use my brains very much. But there's more to Life and I need to learn and grow more as a person.
Spirtually, I haven't fed myself much these days. And I've neglected self growth for quite most of the times. It seems a little more convenient just not to care and vegetate. It feels like a rut but I suspect it isn't.
Don't they all say the awareness of a problem is the beginning of its resolution? ok, maybe not inmy exact grammatically wrong sentence.
But anyhoo, if you ( I seriously don't know who reads my blog now) are one of those people whom i've just mentioned or just someone who shares the exact same thoughts which I have just penned. please let me know.. that I'm not alone.
We could pen pals on something. Or I can friend you on FB.
Just saying:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing the information.
I absolutely agree with this. Meeting similar people with similar wavelengths and ambitions is not only helping to encourage people, but it is also helping to build a strong bonding of friendship with lot of fun.
There are numerous clubs who are hosting different events to encourage the meeting of like minded people. One of the recognized club named as Social Club Hub which is a national network of clubs for activities and events, is providing a unique opportunity to take part in the activities for singles and couples of all ages.
Kirt Pelowski I'm on Facebook my address is 601 west butler ave Lincoln Nebraska 68521
Post a Comment