A couple of months have passed us by, yet again.
I am in a better place now since my last post. Not that I was in a big, bad place where flowers don't grow and cows eat us up for dinners.
Now, I haven't struck lottery, clinch a high flying job, heading a new hot start-up or lost some weight.
No, nothing drastic like that. I would very much would like these good things befalling on me right now but you know, everything in its own time and space ( though I believe it will be really soon :))
I think I've become more positive ( or at least, trying to mindful of the positivity level in my body) and assertive along the way. Happy to say that I'm getting better at standing up for myself tangibly and effective as my tolerance for nonsense and bull shit seem to have decreased. It's also through the difficult times (and honestly I'm still living a good life), I become stronger and grateful for what I have.
I guess, the journey is about searching and finding the real me. The true values, principles and passions I am proud to stand for
Nevertheless, I am only Human. I still struggle.
I still struggle sometimes with how people think of me but mostly my own expectations.
I'm known to be pretty hard on myself and this is something I've been working on and probably will need to work on for the most part of my life. Rich always remind me that I don't always give myself credit for a job well done. I believe moderating this mindset and self-blaming tendencies would definitely benefit me greatly ( at the very least, such mindfulness would do my anxiety good).
School
On a brighter note, my results from the past two semesters are not bad ( more As than Bs) given that I haven't been a very conscientious student and that my middle name is procrastination. I got an A for an exam for which I was worried that I might fail.
Need to work harder and smarter for the final project.
Benchmark
We all know of that someone who likes to use others as benchmarks in various aspects of their lives.
Hell, we all do that some ways or another ourselves. I'm very mindful of such tendencies (note how much I love to use 'tendencies) because (i) I believe in competing with myself and not others and (ii) this usually masked uglier emotions and behavior such as jealousy, insecurities and pride.
And, it feels terrible to be benchmarked against by a friend. Gives a very different meaning to ' I'm watching your back'.
Business Ideas
I have some well meaning souls asking me to start up a new business as it is the best time for me to do so.
True, that. After going through this MBA course as well as my short lived stint with the jewel curate, I come to realise that profitability ( This may sound gratuitous but there's a lot more to profitability than just 'making money or sales') , sustainability and execution of a business idea is very important.
So yes, I don't have any brilliant and sustainable business ideas just yet.
Thursday, February 18, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment