Saturday, January 5, 2008

I'm Listening To...

and


First thing first, I'm hardly the authority on music. I mean, coming from a reformed ex-Britney-sometime boyband fan, you can take my word when i say i'm not exactly the most discerning when it comes to music( amongst other things as well, i guess). I'm not big on any particular genre of music ( in fact, i usually have trouble differentiating pop from rock, and so on) and my taste is definitely more mainstream than anything. Random, diverse (maybe?),but mainstream nonetheless.

Following my penchant for picking up random books, I also like to pick up albums from music stores. ( Yes, now you know where all my paycheck goes to, and then some.) A friend asked why i do that, when there're MP3s and your know, the Internet. Well, aside from being not too technology savvy and the fact that downloading music online takes too long ( not the most patient person on earth here), i just like it lor.

On a side note:

Apparently, i'm not very good at answering those 'Why?' questions. Like, why do you want to take up Spanish, and not French or German? Why do you skip, when you can walk? Why do you always put your bloody phone on vibration mode? And why do you still remember the lyrics to Come on Baby, One more time?

Because I want to, lor.
(ok, i'm kidding for the last one, really!)

Why this, why that? And, i get that quite often. ( With all my idiosyncrasies that i have and seemingly questionable things i do, it's hard not to.) It's not so much that i hate getting these questions ( and I don't, for that matter) than the fact that I've trouble answering them.

The fact that, despite all that i hear around me, the one thing i listen to the most is my heart.

And not everyone gets that.



Okie, back to the 2 albums I was talking about ( the perils of digressing so easily,indeed.) Both albums, picked up at HMV ( though you can get anywhere else.Mainstream music, anyone?), have these feel-good vibes and sing-along lyrics. The former Dreaming Out Loud ,produced by Timbaland, borders between rock and a little of pop, is definitely easy on my musical palate. And I like it.

Viva la Cobra,
on the other of my chubbier hands ( yes, they are of different size. Those hands.), is a little more complex. I can't put my stubby little finger on the genre/s ( tricky things, aren't they?) it lies. A little of rock, some pop, and do i hear a little of disco influence? Whimsical, very crazy and quite the fun thing to listen in the morning. All in my humble opinion, of course.

I like more than 4 tracks on these albums, respectively. So, they have passed my test.

Why? Because i like it, lor.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does my tween tell the whole world about my stayover? sigh i've a reputation to upkeep ya know..

Anonymous said...

oh please. nothing beats hokkien songs.