Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dream dream dream

I had a dream last night, maybe early this morning to be specific.

I dreamt that I flunked an important paper which I had high hopes for. It was so vivid that I can remember the red pen marks and the crosses, almost painfully etched across the wretched papers. The teacher in the dream commented with an air of disgust, that my handwriting was too messy to be read and marked.

I hope this does not mirror into reality in any way. I have high expectations to match up to. And I will and I must.

I had another dream right after. I was to teach my favourite class in the same school which I did my relief teach stint at. In the dream, I was full of energy and confidence that I would excel but was deeply disappointed at the chaotic response the class gave.

Nevermind that those kids in my favourite classes are already in their very early twenties. The dream is still disturbing and I wonder why my anxiety under my subconscious only bites in the night. It's strange.

Perhaps, there is very positive correlation between my level of anxiety/stress( if you will) and my spending prowess. I'm not really feeling the heat yet but it seems like it still got to me in the end.

No comments: