It's no big deal but of course if you know me, I am lying through my big yellow teeth.
Someone called my office this afternoon and we spoke. He spoke in a phony accent and I spoke normally. ( We often received cold calls from random companies.)
He thought I was the receptionist. And oh boy, I was feeling all the indignance the world was feeling at the moment. I have absolutely nothing against all the receptionists in the world.
No, I am not the receptionist unfortunately, I deadpanned.
He, after realising his mistake, apologized profusely and asked my position in the company. ( Ya lar, I am the assistant pantry aunty lar.. SHooo Sorry dullo how to shrrr-lang rike ai ANG MO who lost his pants in chinatown !)
Strangely, I am more amused than pissed. Am I a receptionist as much as I am a secretary, just because I sound and am indeed a female? Or is my lack of a phony accent make me sound less... worldly, sophiscated and intelligent?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment