Thursday, June 16, 2011

Besides whinning about my life...

I do have good things to share ( not 4D numbers or porn videos, if you are thinking. Jsut saying).

In a heroic bid to inject positivity ( and productivity) and great energy into my life, I have enrolled in a business chinese translation class which starts tomorrow. Yes, i know it's a Friday and I can imagine it being a pain to drag myself to class after work. ( I have skipped different classes, at various stages of my life, for plenty of reasons. Well, I believe laziness causes hallucinations and acute loss of motivation.)

But that's my call and I have chosen it ,for most part,because of my interest and also ( for lack of better word) to claim my niche. It's more about polishing up my edge which differentiates myself from everyone else. ( even though it may very well be wishful thinking on my part.)

Like most of my peers ( read: Singaporeans), I am effectively bilingual. I'm neither a jia gang dang ( loosely translated as eat potatoes, meaning westernized, as opposed to Asians who prefer rice as their source of starch.) nor too cheena pok ( This is more complicated, mostly referring to people who prefer to speak in Chinese, watch Channel 8 drams and not-so-westernized haha).

But I have always been strong in the Chinese language. In fact, i strongly believe it was my distinction in Chinese which got me into University ( which by the way shows how fantastic my results are. but oh well..). It may be luck that I always breeze through Chinese examinations and I just happen to be able to speak Chinese properly (字正腔圆). The thing is I never thought it is an asset until recently.

Since forever, the ability to excel in Mathematics and logical thinking is both encouraged and applauded than anything else in school and also in my family ( family of traders, what do you think?). I am obviously unlucky with numbers ( it is not entirely clear whether this is directly related to my money management skills) and exactly known as a logical thinker.

I think you get the drift and that I am really sleepy because my brains are fried, and I don't think I possess sufficient coherence to walk you through my story of Chinese and I. For now.

In summary, I am taking this Business Chinese Translation so that I will be more confident in both verbal and written business communication in Chinese. Actually, my plan is to be so damn good at all things Chinese and whatever else I do that I can one day conquer the world and head something something of APAC( Greater China.) Something Something great. Ambition must be accompanied with action.

Even though I havent decided if I am ambitious in the first place. ( Inertia,complacence and laziness are inherently both my best friends and enemies hahahah).

The course costs me $652.70 in cash and 30 hours of my precious time.

Ouch. It will be worth it somehow, I will make it worth it.

No comments: