I've made a choice to be closer to Him, and i intend to stick by it.
It's one of those things that I've meant to do long ago,
but never did. Excuses, reasons and pure procrastination, i suppose.
Perhaps, I wasn't ready then.
Even now, I can't deny I'm still dealing with doubts, priorities and the what nots.
I guess there's no perfect time, there's only now.
I've always been sitting on the fence, when it comes to religion.
Not apathetic, certainly not indifferent.
Perhaps I would say it's kind of like a tug-of-war,
between priorities, values and beliefs.
For the uninitiated, I've joined RCIA early this year to learn more about the
Catholic faith. And yes, this post is long time overdue.
Remember I always lament how I hate to explain the things I do?
Maybe it's time to get rid of this nasty habit.
I've been in missionary schools for most parts of my education journey.
Yes, right from pre-school and stopping short of University,
the catholic ways and values are as familar to me as books and exams.
And my parents are not even Christians to begin with.
Ah, the Mysterious hands of God.
I remember how i love singing hymns when i was in Kindagarten.
I still do, by the way.
Saying prayers before meals, colouring pictures of Mother Mary and Jesus
and listening to those wonderful biblical stories have been part of my childhood.
Praying and giving thanks before I sleep is something I still do.
Yet, burning joss sticks and incense papers were also very much part of the enviroment
I was being brought up in. The great feasts of ducks and chickens that took placed after rituals
performed on certain days of the Lunar calender. Temple visits to pay respect to the Deities.
Temple dinners coupled with auctions to celebrate the birthdays of different religious entities.
Isn't there any conflict of interests? Yo might ask.
Back in the past, I would feel a wee bit hypocriticals sometimes
But most of it all, no. Because I'm quite sure where I stand spiritually.
The tug of war only comes largely because my parents are traditional Chinese with rather
firm Taoist beliefs. They're fine with me and my inclination towards the Catholic faith all this while.Probably due to their inherent indulgent nature, towards me at least.
However, let's just say that things became more than a little different,
When they realised that I'm taking this faith rather seriously indeed.
But i'm working on it. :)
Like what a friend I've met at the RCIA said,
' Show them through your actions. And also pray'.
( Well the gist of it, anyway)
I sure have alot of things to pray about,
and give thanks for.
For that, I thank you Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment