Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flip -Flop

I am feeling decidedly suicidal that I can flip any moment. With and without any external provokation. Things are as bad as they can be today, today.

Likewise, my interview today was a certified flop. I'm pretty upset for my coherence failed me during the video conference. What I said then pretty much didn't make sense. In fact, I was cringing half the time when my interviewer was looking away ( well at my records, i suppose. Or laughing her socks off at my answers.) And we all know how precious hindsight can be . You bet, I can think of way better and concerete answers right now.

As much as I would like to deny, I was kind of intimidated to have a VC in a huge conference room ( twice the size of my room, at least. And my room is not that small ) alone. It was quite an experience which could be pleasant if my mental state was more sound. If you havent known, I had a domestic emergency yesterday and was rushing all over the place to get things settled.

My family is fine, thank you. The gist of this 'saga' goes like this - Helper's mum was in a critical condition (who unfortunately passed away today before my helper could go back) => discussed with my parents => Buy tickets and liaise with the agent => THE AGENT WAS TERRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND A GREAT PAIN ( Pardon if this gets too personal, i hate it when she speaks in that condescending tone to my mum. Long story, no time) => Faxed necessary documents to the agents n the airline company

Now, is that my fault that the agent's fax machine sorely needs a new ink cartridge? She claimed that oh she didnt the get first copy, and the second copy was too light. And it's all my fault so i should send the bloody E ticket over via email. The thing is, she requested for the documents to be sent by FAX! The reason why we engage the services of an agent is such that we will not need to do such miscellaneous stuff ( please, she ORDERED me to book the air ticket), and definitely not wasting time quarrelling with her.

And oh when i called her, she was so curt and irritating ( pardon my lack of vocabulary) till she exclaimed that she needed to pick up another call and would call me back later. As the story went, she did not. I am still waiting here, hur hur.

So I have decided to drop her an email:

Snippets of how a kind, helpful agent should be :

+++As spoken earlier, I do not have the E ticket in soft copy.What I have here is the booking confirmation with E ticket number stated, as well as Merla's Name and flight details. Please kindly advise if this is sufficient. If not, I will deliver the hard copy of the E ticket by tomorrow. Thanks. Best Regards.Jane+++

++++Hi Jane Please try to get the eticket and email to me tomorrow . Thanks Irene+++



+++Hi Irene, Like I've mentioned earlier, I do not have the soft copy of the Eticket at moment. I am busy right now and will only have time to liaise with Silkair later in the day to see if I can get the soft copy sent to me. Can you please check with the embassy if the booking confirmation/itinerary along with the faxed copy of E ticket (Faxed over to you this morning, as per your request) is sufficient since it includes most of the details and suffice as a proof of purchase? Many thanks to all the help you can give. +++


+++Jane Can do it tomorrow as she is flying tomorrow. Embassy will not just talk to one person ,we just have to submit complete or do not at all!! RegardsIren+++ This was the last email I saw before I rushed out for the interview. If you know me and the story behind this whole nonsense, you will know how I fuming mad I was. My interview was put at stake literally


As much as I understand she's running a one man show, I do not see a reason why she has to be unprofessional when I have been polite all along. I also do not appreciate how she was blaming my family and my helper for the inconvenience we have caused.

What she kept emphasizing was that, it would be our problem if my helper decided to fly back to cebu and not come back. Hello??!! I trust my helper and what I see. If she decides to turn her back on me, so be it. In that case The money I have spent to help her , I'll take it as a charitable donation. I'm not trying to paint a holier than thou picture of myself because i am selfish.

I potentially screwed up my very important interview because I was not able to multitask efficiently when I am fuming mad. well, lesson learnt. I am also upset because I missed my ex colleaguess; gathering ( two birthdays, and they took much effort to ensure i was free today. I'm sorry guys :() because i need to come home to settle stuff. So see, I am not holy. I'm selfish and self absorbed.

I screwed up my interview because I did much better the first round. I wonder what happend to me today. Whatever that came out as my words probably came from my ass.

Super irked.

I will also need to check with MOM and the Philipines Embassy about the insurance/bond thing we are asked to process/sign. And also more war , with the secret lady agent.

On a more sombre note, we will be sending my helper to the airport and will be letting her go on leave for the next 10 days. I feel terribly sorry for her, especially so when I heard her mother was trying so hard to hold on till she gets back. But she couldn't wait any longer,God bless her mother's soul.

Well being the self absorbed, selfish and self important person that I am, I am not exactly embracing the no clean sheets/washed and ironed clothes/breakfast/Merla this Merla that the next ten days. See i told you i can such a moron sometimes.

I probably drove my boyfriend crazy today, as a bid to stay sane and 'sucked in' ( you know, suck it in) today. Kudos to you, Mr R. Love you :)

Puke, people puke :P








No comments: