Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Give Thanks!

Call me petty, narrow-minded , or stick in the mud. I remember friends and foes alike, deep in that elephant-like memory of mine. Yes, I am intense and scary like that. And yes, I will prefer to be a gold fish sometimes, with its huge bulging eyes no less.

I know I sound like a mad woman in the past few posts, snaring and thrashing in the kind of neurotic angst which may look unbecoming on someone who is sitting at the wrong side of 25.
Despite my constant laments and depressing expressions, I am capable of wit, cheerfulness and good old kindness. So, there is no reason I am going to grow into an old, bitter and lonely spinster. Bitterness, except in pork rib and bittergourd fried in black bean sauce, is the pathetic mother of sadness.

If you know me for some time, you must have realised that I am a worry wart. This means that I have a tendency to over-think, over-analyse myself to death. You see, I sometimes like a very dark life.The reason why I am still alive today is because those in my tight inner circle - my family, my good friends and my long suffering boyfriend, and partly because I am quite kia see :P

I'm getting a little impatient here because I want to read some frivolous magazine right now.

I just want reiterate the fact that I am pretty astute in reading people's intentions.

I have met some good people who has helped me along the way :

2 ex-ex colleagues who sent me contacts/references after my position was made redundant last year. I'm not even especially close to them. Not to mention those lovely messages of encouragement and comfort from all over :)

An ex colleague who generously shared with me his contacts and lobangs, even if he is actively job hunting as well.

For all of this and so much more, thank you!

I don't live life the way you play Monopoly. I don't collect favours like I collect " Get out of Jail for Free'. Aiyah... basically I am very simple. If you are nice to me, I am nice to you.

All I ever need ( note that I didn't use ' expect') is a healthy dose of sincerity and friendship.
I think I can be a very good friend when i want to.

Oh dear, do I sound I am emotionally black mailing anyone in particular??!!
Hmmmm... back to frivolous magazine! I am looking forward to random text messages asking for job contacts and work lobangs!






No comments: