Restless.Hormone imbalance.Hungry.Again.
I know i should be doing something vaguely constructive, but the hormones are doing my bidding today ( or any day for that matter). I should go to sleep but I refuse. I could read a book but I would not ( Don't ask me why.). Perhaps, I should go take a dump at the toilet. Maybe.
Haha. I lead a double life. My best friend is the pessimist but she turns out to be the greatest secret optimist in disguise. I, on the other had, am the optimist who in reality is this crazy, depressed person most of the time. * wavessssss*
So most of the times, I will act brave, all fine and dainty while I will bombard Miss J and friends with all my insecurities,sadness, stories and issues on the sly. Issues such as erm, whether if I should succumb to Zara something or Miss Selfridge something, or some bad haircut ( now this is A MAJOR ISSUE).
I have a happy face and I have no idea why. I have a restless, heavy heart ( I dont mean the cholesterol and up nots, hor) and I don't know why either. Whee thank you mummy and papa for the Happy Face!
The good thing about having a happy face is that people tend to warm up to me more quickly. The downside , unfortunately, is that people ( i don't know who. Tom, Dick and Harry) may potentially walk all over you, thinking you're stupid.
You know, I just happen to see this quote moment ago:
Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
- Ernest Hemingway, author and journalist, Nobel laureate (1899-1961)
I am sure this Hemingway guy is a smart dude. After all ,he won some kind of award, while the only kind of award I have won in my most recent memories is a silver medal given to me during a ice carving exercise in Korea. So you get the idea, he is smart and probably unhappy from the looks of it.
If the Hemmingway quote implies that being happy may mean that you are very well be less intelligent than you think you are, then I , the person with happy face and the heavy heart ,am actually more intelligent than I look. ( Yes I have complete disregard for grammar and punctuation purely because I suck at them)
Don't take this too seriously. It is a hypothesis, after all. Or not :)
So, once again, thank you mummy and papa for the happy face and heavy heart! whee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i like your analysis! For all of hemingway's smartness, if he is correct, then i'd still rather have a happy face, more friends and be a bit dumb than have a sad face, scare people away and be a genius.
as they say, ti gong tia gong kia.
intelligently,
chel (fellow happy face)
wah, you make me so happy. I like your comment, makes me feel oh so important! ahaha..
Whee! Ti gong loves me , yes I know!
HUAT AH!
Post a Comment